View Single Post
Old 2012-01-13, 02:02   Link #1834
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

I think it's rather appropriate to mention this in context of the Verossa discussion in the GoD thread.

The expanding cast list of Nanoha in general has clear effects on well... just the general 'role' of the characters in general. There's a lot of convergence of character roles amongst the old cast to rationalise the ever-increasing new character cast.

When Hayate and co. helped made create Asteon for Einhart, the back of my mind was thinking... "Shouldn't Carim or Verossa be responsible for this?"

Now, I understand that Carim/Verossa has clearly inducted Hayate, over the years, what it meant to be a modern-day Ancient Belkan, along with all the other capabilities/responsibilities/stuff.

But it's like...

'The plot is heading in a direction where 'New Character #291' will be able to exercise the role she was initially created for!'

'But lol and behold, turns out 'Popular Character #2' has inherited all that knowledge from #291 off-screen and will be the focus character!'

It's rather annoying.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote