View Single Post
Old 2012-02-20, 17:48   Link #74
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by teja208 View Post
That's the whole point which makes me feel the story is anticlimactic. The current Hitagi is way too strong to the point that anything Kaiki said can't moved her.
Eh?!?!? I think it's exactly the opposite, Hitagi is so moved only by the presence of Kaiki in the city that she feels the need to prove to herself that she is trying to change (and nowhere near succeeding at this point). That's one of the reasons she is idolizing Tsubasa since four novels ago, and she and most of the audience knew what she went through in Kizu- it would put things into a whole new perspective.

Well at least she slowly realizes how naive and weak she was, which alone makes her character not only likeable, but also interesting to watch her baby steps into adulthood

Quote:
She has no hesitation of whether to let go of her horrible past because she is now fully enjoy and cherish her present with her boyfriend more than anything. My idea is that she should display more conflict when being remind of what she experienced in the past or fearing that it will happen again in the future, e.g. getting separate from her boyfriend or something. That’s where Koyomi comes in to reassure her that he will always remain by her side no matter what happen. That could make it more dramatic end to this arc.
Hitagi up until now was just running away from her past and having Koyomi as her boyfriend does not exactly help her in this respect. I am pretty sure this is the first time she tried to confront her own weaknesses, even though she was blaming them on Kaiki... several times in this arc she admitted that its not Kaiki that she is facing but herself in him.

Quote:
You know, if Kaiki isn’t such an a*shole conning people for money, he might be scoring his own harem from all the girls he saved instead of Koyomi. Now this leads me to an important question. Why shouldn’t Oshino gain his own harem? After all, he has been traveling around saving a lot of people from oddities. I’d say he would’ve made a more interesting harem lead than Koyomi.
Money is more likely to get him a harem

As for Koyomi being an uninteresting harem lead... well you know its one of the main functions of harem leads, being uninteresting, since it is the only way to focus a show on the harem, not its leader... that said, Koyomi is one of the most interesting character, his main flaw (enjoyment-wise) for me is his suicidal Jesus-syndrome, which quite frankly is pointless and only serves as an excuse to animate/describe gore in the series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Is that why they were naked? If they weren't in middle school I'd have to applaud that.
Why? I think the majority of middle school girls these (as well as my) days have had sex with high school or uni students, as well as army conscripts (near military bases) or young professionals... it's natural, but in some undeveloped countries illegal.
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote