View Single Post
Old 2012-03-18, 03:10   Link #393
EmperorBrandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
Brigadoon: Marin & Melan
Rated by only 507 MAL members (as of this post), and only previously mentioned once in this thread, this is likely to be the most obscure 2+ cour action anime I've seen yet. And that is a tragedy, because this anime is an unsung masterpiece. It wasn't without its share of problems, but the touching story, lovable main character duo, breathtaking drama, and exciting direction made this anime a unique and unforgettable experience for me. Seriously, I urge the others here to watch Brigadoon, it needs more love.
I just saw this series for the first time a few weeks ago and became rather obsessed about it. I've been so curious enough to search around anime-related forums, but there's little talk about it. I only tend to find a few posts, but almost always there are a few out of them really in love with the series. Got to tracking down Tokyopop's DVD release and buying it, and apparently even after all these years of being OOP, new copies can still be had for very cheap. Doesn't seem very many people bought that at all. I agree so much with you about it being an "unsung masterpiece". I suppose this is a hard anime to get people to try just on the surface. I'm not much of a fan of mecha-related stuff which kind of kept me away from trying it for a while. The quirky cutesy character designs probably turn away some of those mecha/action fans and others. Something I came across on Youtube featuring the series a month or so ago intrigued me so much that I just had to try it out finally, and I'm so glad I did.
EmperorBrandon is offline   Reply With Quote