View Single Post
Old 2012-03-31, 21:51   Link #840
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
You're making the INCREDIBLY huge assumption that they're getting this energy from nothing.
To put it simply, if Espers get their energy from nowhere, why does Mikoto get tired from overusing her powers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
Allllso Esper powers kind've-sort've blatantly violate physics anyway and the hypocrisy of differentiating Magic and Psionics is one of the running themes of the series.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
There's the problem. I was looking at it with the mindset that Magic and... Psionics (?) were suppose to be different things (probably the whole "psychics can't use magic" rule) and trying to explain that threw me off. Now that I'm looking at it from a different point of view, I don't have as much of a problem with elemental powers. Those kinds of powers are used a lot though ("stock superpowers" if you will), but that's just me.

The differences between magic and esper is the fundamental laws that govern them, both are still classified under supernatural powers, nobody is denying that, but there is no reason why you can't use two different methods to achieve the same result, that is also one of the themes of this series.

Both of you need to think outside of your usual conventions.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote