View Single Post
Old 2012-04-17, 13:39   Link #32
Random32
Also a Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
it's pre-existing big names like Eva, DBZ, Pokemon, Bebop, etc. The fact that shows around for a decade or more now are outselling current material surely means something.
It means that the western fanbase doesn't agree with the Japanese fanbase, and isn't large enough to influence anime production in the direction they want.

Quote:
And in the end, if the BDs become unobtainable, is settling for the DVD version that bad in the end? At least you can still watch the show. I can tolerate the picture and sound not being as pristine if it means I can still watch the show.
For the purpose of supporting the creators, a DVD sale isn't much different than a BRD sale. So torrent a good BD rip and buy the DVD.

Quote:
DVD quality is certainly "enough" to enjoy most anime, but if I know that there is a BD version out somewhere, I would feel entitled to get that instead. When I can easily snatch BD-rips of an anime from download websites, why should I buy and watch an inferior DVD?
To watch it would be idiocy, but buying it is supporting the creators so they can make more anime.

I think people need to think of buying discs not as a way to obtain anime to watch, but rather as a way to support people the making anime they like.
Random32 is offline   Reply With Quote