View Single Post
Old 2012-04-22, 20:52   Link #1341
Team Rocket Elite

Preliminary Phase II-1 - March 11, 2012
Sakura Kyōko - 3341 (48.16%) (64.55% excluding Ayumi's votes)
Tsugumi - 1835 (26.45%) (26.45% excluding Ayumi's votes)
Takahara Ayumi - 1762 (25.40%)

Preliminary Phase III-3 - April 12, 2012
Sakura Kyōko - 3157 (50.25%)
Tsugumi - 3126 (49.75%)

Guilty Crown ended in between the two matches which did boost Tsugumi. However, the bulk of going from nearly beating Tsugumi and Ayumi combined to nearly losing to Tsugumi is Kyouko taking a massive dive over the course of a month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegalStar View Post
Well, anyone who supports Kanade would basically automatically know Iwasawa, and many of them probably don't know many other animes, so Iwasawa would become a kind of default vote against those characters they don't know about.

Given the number of Kanade supporters out there, Iwasawa can enjoy the ride. I think that Shiina would actually have a good chance of getting in the regular season if she had managed to pass nominations.
I don't think Iwasawa is as much of a default vote as some people think. Considering how strong Shana is, Yoshida Kazumi and Hecate should be a lot stronger if coming from a big series alone was enough to be popular. I think even Hecate has had more screentime than Iwasawa. I think people genuinely liked Iwasawa. In regards to Shiina, I think only a little luck or better would have been enough for her to make the main tournament. I think Shiina would probably be around Konoe Subaru or Mine Riko right now.