Thread: Licensed Akb0048
View Single Post
Old 2012-05-09, 05:29   Link #594
Seiryuu

The severity of the hatred toward Idols makes me wonder just what happened in the past. The description I read said that some war forced mankind to abandon Earth, and after this art and entertainment was banned. I can't begin to guess just what must have happened to not only make art/entertainment the scapegoat but actually create that level of rage.

One thing I wonder is if any of the candidates will end up getting a boyfriend and being disqualified. This is one aspect of AKB48 and many other idols that I don't get, the ban on love. You want them to sing passionately about the joy and wonder of flying but you clip their wings. It'd be one thing if they simply put severe restrictions on the romantic relationships, requiring that they be private and chaste, keeping it innocent and holding back the passion; for many of the girls I'd consider that appropriate anyway, at their ages they'd do better to take their time and develop the relationship and not go too far too fast. But to simply say that love is forbidden is just cruel imho.
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote