View Single Post
Old 2012-06-17, 13:40   Link #13
Bern-san

Yes! I hated Sannan so much because of that... In that route what I did like was Senhime and Kazama's interaction (although I enjoy Kazama's lines when he talks to Chizuru the relationship between Senhime and Kazama is so hilarious).

Harada is my favorite one, don't understand why he isn't as popular as Saitou or Okita. Both in Hakuoki and in Hakuouki Reimeiroku he has the best routes in my opinion.

An interesting thing that I just found out: Senhime is definitely the descendant of Yase-hime from the upcoming game Toki no Kizuna: Sekigahara Kitan!
Spoiler for About Toki no Kizuna:

Connections between Hakuoki and Toki no Kizuna
- One of the villains is called Nagumo Shuu, Nagumo is the clan which adopted Chizuru's twin

- Kazama addressed Senhime as "Yase no Hime" in-game (also mentioned in official settings). In anime Sekkaroku episode 3, around 08:50, Kazama called her "Yase no furuki onna oni", literally "ancient female Oni of Yase".
The background of Toki no Kizuna is Battle of Sekigahara, which took place 264 years before Hakuoki. Therefore Yase-hime could be Senhime's grandma or great-grandma.

- From page 72, Hakuoki Tsuisouroku, Official Settings:
Quote:
For someone born in one of Oni's direct descendant families, he/she is given a name with "" in it as a proof.
Although the word seemed to hint long-living and immortal, that's not how it is. Ancient Oni with blood pure and strong could live up to 150 to 200 years. But nowadays, after blending with human blood, their life span isn't too different from human's.
Hakuoki: Senhime (姫), Chizuru (鶴), and Chikage (景). Kaoru's (薫) "sen" is hidden inside the kanji.
Toki no Kizuna: Chitose (歳), Kazuya (耶), Kazutake (岳), Kazuha (羽), Senkimaru (鬼丸), and Yachiyo (八代) are shown.
Shin (秦), Shiomi Akito (士), Kotoura Touma (真), Tsukishima Isao (朗), and Nagumo Shuu (秀) are hidden
Source of these discoveries