View Single Post
Old 2012-06-17, 20:54   Link #14
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

I like Madoka Magica because it has a great story and crazy visuals that actually benefit the anime, as opposed to distracting me. And also, it has Kyuubey, one of the greatest evil characters to ever exist in anything. He reminds me of some of the greatest Disney villains. The twists, while predictable, are also well-implemented and executed very well. It has much for boys as it has girls. I'd argue even more. What more do I need to enjoy the anime? Oh right, characters.

Really, I don't see gender as an issue for being able to relate to somebody. But character-wise, this anime has the same problem I have with Fate/Zero (another Urobuchi work). The characters are not interesting. I like their stories, but with the exception of maybe Sayaka, they don't have much going for them. But everything else is good that I can overlook that.

Quote:
Now, i wouldn't want you to think that i only feel bad for the protagonist feeling bad: for example, in School Days, i actually hated Makoto, but nonetheless felt bad for all the girls.
P.S. I liked Makoto. He is such a bastard that he actually became a fun character to hate. And while there are times I thought the show was sympathizing with him, the anime ultimately got fed up with him, as it should have. You want an unsympathetic bastard that treats women cruelly AND the show wants us to sympathize with him. Watch Blue Flames. It's only 46 minutes long and that's all you need to hate that prick.

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Flawfinder is offline   Reply With Quote