View Single Post
Old 2012-07-10, 16:00   Link #979
Adigard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raviel View Post
Not sure if I should put this here or in the Q & A thread but here goes....

Does Klein/Kline have any major role during and after the SAO arc and how important is he in general? I'm asking mainly out of curiosity as to whether or not there are ever going to be any other male protagonists.

While I'm on the topic, do the other members of Kirito's harem move on after seeing they have absolutely no chance against Asuna?
Klein and Egil are both important and continuing characters in the story. Neither obviously hold a candle to Kirito... but they are reoccurring across the various arcs. Klein actually gets cooler, in certain ways, in the ALO arcs. Egil doesn't seem to spend much time in-game (IIRC) but certainly makes various appearances in the RL scenes.

I've always assumed Kirito's harem moves on... they may not end up dating other people and they probably pine for Kirito... but I don't personally see the followup relationships as potential love interests 'chasing' our hero.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtkp View Post
Kawahara explained more about SAO: Progressive series in his Twitter page.

Kawahara explained that the first volume of Progressive will focus on the first and second floor of Aincrad, so basically Aria and Rondo will be part of this first volume.

And then he said that there will be second volume of Progressive which focus on the third floor of Aincrad but he stressed that writing Alicization takes precedence over writing Progressive, hence the release of Progressive volumes will be slower for a while.

Thanks for the translations!

It's awesome news that they're going to... err... do a reboot of the franchise start. Putting the beginning portions of Vol 1> First Day > Aria > Rondo into a new volume and allowing the author a new chance to clean up some of the inconsistencies will be grand. Even if they don't take that path it'd be lovely to see. Even if they don't take that path it'll be a grand opportunity and I for one am really looking forward to it.

It's also possible the anime will skip some of that to boost book sales later.
Adigard is offline   Reply With Quote