View Single Post
Old 2012-07-24, 00:09   Link #3157
chad001
Happy-End Totalitarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I guess that's why I'm hesitant about most MF Bunko titles, they emphasize way too much on the harem aspect.
See, that's the thing, harem antics can be seriously entertaining IF DONE RIGHT. But so many author's/mangaka/directors throw it in for the sake of putting adding in cliches to the premise, rather than actual interest in the topic. I'm proud to say that I've immersed myself in a variety of media, and the (very) few that do actually emphasize on the harem aspects, with actual interest in the aspect itself, turn out pretty well. If the authors actually focused on the relationships, group dynamics, or even everyday life of the characters in situations like that, rather than just throwing in antics for the sake of comedy or a quick domestic violence joke (I'm looking at you ZnT, Aria, IS, Index... sigh... yeah pretty much all of them really...) there could actually be some real potential there. But sadly, most people are scared of the 'new' and even amongst those whoa aren't, there's very few who can even imagine sucha concept, let alone develop it...
chad001 is offline   Reply With Quote