View Single Post
Old 2012-08-14, 07:49   Link #154
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
For the record, I don't think a balanced character is absolutely critical to a good story, nor does I think an unbalanced character absolutely ruins everything. It's mostly the handling and the genre of the story.
I would argue that but this thread is not the right place so I won't. Although, I do think you don't need a story to be truly good (writing wise) in order for it to be entertaining and even successful.

SAO is really entertaining for me and I know it sells a lot, but the writing on the character department is lacking, even for the shounen genre. What's really good about SAO is the setting. The attention to detail and that sort of thing. If the characters were as good you would have something else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
EDIT: Somehow I suddenly get the idea that SAO would be an even more interesting story if it has multiple protagonists for the different arcs
Yeah, a sort of ensemble cast scenario (like in Horizon) would probably suit this kind of setting better. Tori is as much the protagonist of his story as Kirito is his, but having the spotlight scattered amount the whole cast makes quite the difference.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2012-08-14 at 08:03.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote