View Single Post
Old 2012-09-05, 02:51   Link #58
Samari
World's Greatest

I'm looking forward to this, and it's surprising that it's actually going to be canon compared to the other movies which I believe all aren't (unless it was a special). At the same time, I'm not sure if this franchise needs another film. This will be the what, 18th Dragon Ball film? I kind of want the franchise to be left alone.

By the way, Kuririn with hair looks ridiculous with his gi. Also interesting that in the promotional photo Son Goku is wearing the "Go" kanji on his gi, which he had clearly abandoned after his fight with Freeza.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0m@n View Post
There is also a speculation in Japan that this movie will actually make DBZ cut ties with GT(THANK GOD!). So if this is true, then I can bash GT to my hearts content.
That would be the best thing ever. GT is God-awful, and after all these years I still haven't watched it in it's entirety.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
This has been proven false already. None of that is true in the slightest.

The Buu arc had so many problems. If you weren't a saiyan, you were completely left behind. Even Piccolo was relegated to mentor status; he was no longer a big player in the fights. And the fights themselves weren't very entertaining; the majority of them were quite one-sided to say the least. Gohan should have been the one to destroy Buu, but then Toriyama resorts to having Goku save the day again which completely goes against what Goku said about the newer generation and earthlings having to fend for themselves for a change (it was no longer his place to save the earth from evil threats). There were also some character and story inconsistencies.

The Buu saga wasn't well thought out, and one can easily tell that Toriyama was getting tired of writing his story and just wanted to be done with it. The quality easily shows this.
This. The series should have ended at the Cell saga with Goku dying. I'm really not a fan of the Buu arc at all...actually the story just really seems to jump the shark after the events on Namek (although I did like the Artificial Humans). But with the Buu saga, for me, it's the ultimate back hand to characters like Kuririn, Yamcha, Tenshinhan, and even Piccolo like you mentioned. Unless you are a Super Saiyan, you're basically nothing and have nothing to do or offer the series. It's absurd. As the manga went on and on there were just way too many characters that we didn't get to know too much about and/or they didn't get enough to do which ended up for some of them being reduced to mere cameos after earlier having bigger parts in the story (Tenshinhan). I believe this was the series' biggest pitfall.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。

Last edited by Samari; 2012-09-05 at 03:06.
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote