View Single Post
Old 2012-10-19, 21:13   Link #1485
The Green One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime Online View Post
Yuuta did help Rikka with the luggage, but only after smacking her repeatedly on the head. Is that supposed to be funny? I just can't understand why he did that. It seems completely reasonable to me that Rikka get the delivery people to bring her stuff down at a time she expect to be home to receive it. It's also understandable that Rikka would get the timing to meet the delivery people off because it's her first day at school and she just moved in. As I see it, the ones at fault were the delivery people. They should have called Rikka on her mobile phone (in episode 3, it is clear she has a mobile phone) when nobody answered the door to her apartment. Yet Rikka got smacked because Yuuta was annoyed her stuff was dumped in his apartment.

Regarding the cat, Yuuta firmly refused to help Rikka keep the cat. He had no problem keeping it, and his family would not object to it, it's just he didn't want to do her that favor. Yet, he agreed to take care of the cat after Tooka, someone whom he just met that day, asked. Wow, that's some friend for you, Rikka-chan.

Then we have Yuuta firmly rejecting Rikka's request to help form her club. He did end up tagging along. It's not like he's helping her hand out print-outs or asking people to join. I was giving Yuuta the benefit of the doubt that he was there to look out for Rikka, but all that was dashed when Yuuta lied and readily abandoned her when hot cheerleader Shinka went past.

Helping out to clean the club room while the other girls were more a hindrance than help was a good deed Yuuta did. Yet he stood by in silence when Rikka was trying to make up for the 5th club member with the cat, invisible spirit and Catherine persona. At that point, it was clear the rest were counting him as a member already. If he didn't want to join, he should have said something then. When Nana-sensei agreed to bend the rules and allow them to go ahead, you can see Yuuta was quite disappointed in her decision. So he decided to sabotage the club formation by saying he never wanted to join. Yeah, good work trolling everyone, Yuuta.
So we have four million or so series where the Tsundere female beats up the hapless male lead for doing some wrong, doing something she thinks is wrong but actually isn't, or simply for committing the heinous crime of simply existing and people call it funny. Now the roles are reversed here and it's fire and pitchforks? Please.

As for the cat yes he refused to fulfill that favor at first and quite honestly why is he obligated to do it? Just because she asks doesn't mean he's compelled to say yes. That's selfish and unreasonable. As for agreeing when the sister made the request, I don't know if you paid attention but there was some very clear blackmail going on. He agreed because he had no choice. Convenient how you leave that out.

So Yuuta never wanted to join the club to begin with, but simply helped out cleaning the room to be nice. Would you have preferred he ignored her entirely if he wasn't interested in joining? He had several times shown lack of interest as well as unwillingness to be a part of the club, specifically when Rikka offered him the position of vice president of the club. The other characters don't seem to pay a lot of attention to his wishes in the story and he's the bad guy? Cmon now.

Now I'll be the first to admit that the series slapstick is flat out not going to appeal to some people but lets try to keep the facts straight at least.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote