View Single Post
Old 2012-10-23, 10:16   Link #5027
monster

So, I still don't know what the image that PzIVf3 posted is about. Anyone one to tell me?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PzIVf3 View Post
Kira lost by a distraction? WHat can you do for the Archangel when you can't take care of your opponent it would leave yourself wide open to the enemy.
If you're arguing that it's foolish of Kira to not do his best to take care of Shinn, then I agree, and even Kira admitted it.

If you're arguing that Kira did his best and still lost to Shinn, then I disagree. Shinn counted on the fact that Kira wouldn't target vital parts of Impulse and that's what happened. The fact that Kira didn't fight to kill (ignoring for the moment any controversy with a certain split Impulse scene) means that Kira didn't do his best.

And that's before taking into account the fact that Kira was looking at the Archangel and going away from Shinn during their battle. If you don't see that as being distracted, I don't know what else to say.

That's not to say Shinn's win isn't valid. It's a battle, not some game where everything has to be fair, so a win is a win no matter what.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Znozzy View Post
True, but it was todaka who made the choice to lead a air/mobilesuit carrier head headon first into the middle of the battle to toss Yuna off the battlefield and have the Murasame's head to Archangel, Shinn acted out of orders and pure rage, i see nothing wrong with that.
I'm not blaming Shinn for anything. You were claiming that it was wrong for Kira to take out Athrun and I was saying why he had to do it.
Quote:
I never said Kira shouldnt do anything, what i meant was that Kira acted like a selfish idiot and cut his best friend down instead of telling him to back off and let him sort ORB out.
Athrun wouldn't have listened. The only way for Kira to reduce the amount of Orb casualty when Orb wasn't going to retreat is to take out both sides, and you can't expect Athrun to not do anything while that's happening.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote