View Single Post
Old 2012-10-28, 09:24   Link #182
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyp275 View Post
Please tell me you didn't just equate science to conspiracy theory. There's a big difference between saying nothing is impossible in a scientific context, and the nuts who wear tinfoils on their head so they won't be controlled by aliens.

Not so interested in some random book written by random people, there's plenty of those around. I'm looking for actual credible published academic research that is peer-reviewed. Frankly, something of this magnitude would be quite well known, and I have yet to come across anything in my search other than conspiracy nuts websites.

I can get you a copy of a "research paper" by flat-earthers, doesn't mean what they wrote in there remotely resembles reality.
Well in terms of physics if you go super small, or super fast the science tends to hinge on belief.

For example any thing with dark in its name is basically a fudge to get the current models working.

Personally I believe that the best scientists are the ones who are open minded and are willing to put anything under the same level of rigorous testing and that proven today doesn't mean proven tomorrow!

So something that is considered nutty by the current academic community might not be in a few years time