View Single Post
Old 2012-10-30, 08:56   Link #36
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
That maybe the case but speaking from a Military stand point. Thinking towards the next war after the BETA are defeated (if they win) can be unwise for so many reasons i dont even want to start. The current battlefield is what it is and i see stealth as a weapon to combat other TSF's. How do the BETA's ocular nerves work, what light spectrum do they see in there are tons of "what ifs" in regards to the BETA. Would the Raptors stealth counter the BETA's laser class. When one points out stealth i hardly find it a worthy discussion unless you address how an alien enemy (which no ones seems to know about) perceives light. It is important to think about the future of warfare however if ones does not win the current war then the advancements in technology were pointless. Also, the BETA continue to show different tactics which could render any type of stealth useless. The BETA seem to adapt when they are confronted with a new type of weapon. My point is these games are a waste of time and several characters have already stated it. The world is in very real danger and humanity is not winning not even close to winning. All efforts should be geared towards developing weapons and tactics to win the current war not the next one. It was also stated that the US has virtually not been touched by the BETA and that their TSF's pilots do not have a lot of combat experience against the BETA. The US could learn a thing or two from these passages

Sun Tzu says:

-Now, when your weapons are dulled, your ardor damped, your strength exhausted and your treasure spent, other chieftains will spring up to take advantage of your extremity. Then no man, however wise, will be able to avert the consequences that must ensue

-In war, then, let your great object be victory, not lengthy campaigns.

-There is no instance of a country having benefited from prolonged warfare.

-Hence the saying: If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.