View Single Post
Old 2012-11-08, 21:36   Link #31118
Ryuudou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renall View Post
Supposedly, the explosion is keyed to Midnight, or 00:00 of October 6th. Which is 24:00 of October 5th. Saturday is the 4th, Sunday is the 5th. The game ends at the end of Sunday/start of Monday.
Thank you. I was asking because in the Episode 4 tea party a part of it is dedicated to Battler simply playing detective and exploring the island after everyone has supposedly died except Yasu.

Something to note though is that it takes place on the 6th... unless I made a mistake? I recently read it and I'm fairly sure it takes place on the 6th though. I noticed that R07 goes out of his way to put in Battler's narrative that he looked at the remaining half of Shannon's face, and recognized it to be "her" when logically it has to be a fake corpse as Yasu met with Battler. I'm thinking that either it never occurred because it's impossible for someone to be alive on the 6th, and R07 used the entire Episode 4 Battler Island Investigation scene as a red herring to be able to put falsehoods into Battler's detective perspective (because he wasn't alive during the stated time-frame), or that he (Battler) was simply fatigued or not in a state where he could reason well and made a mistake as I don't believe he slept during the 5th, and everyone was dead by the night of the 4th when he met Yasu in front of the mansion.

I just found that moment particularly peculiar, because Battler was alone, went up to the corpse, and essentially said "Yes. This is her". Makes me wonder what R07's intentions of it were at the time when also considering this supposedly takes place on the 6th.
Ryuudou is offline   Reply With Quote