View Single Post
Old 2012-11-21, 20:16   Link #24
Midonin
Last Engage

Chu2Koi 08 - The Barrier Tears Down

And the episode does indeed open on a grand delusion battle. Though this time, the cuts between reality and fantasy were a little more somber. Loved the background music and the effects of the deliberately fake looking, but burning house in Rikka's memories. The debate between Yuuta and Touka is also an intriguing one. It's clear she has a somewhat cynical view of reality, while the show itself seems to be saying that having these dreams might not be such a bad idea. It gives Rikka her drive, and she hasn't actually hurt anyone with it. If anything, it's brought more friends to her side than before. The second half of the show was cute and nicely atmospheric, but it speaks for itself to the point that I don't have much to say about it.

Sanae/Shinka is probably my favorite part of the show. These two have such a natural comedic chemistry. If Rikka can reawaken the Dark Flame Master, I'm sure Sanae will get through Shinka's barrier eventually and reawaken the Fairy Queen from her slumber. Now I want to see Kumin in one of these delusionary battles - she's probably more a mage than a melee fighter, with a bunch of defense-based spells. Her cuteness seems to be working on everybody but Mori Summer.