View Single Post
Old 2012-11-24, 12:38   Link #5
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

The episode actually feels far less crammed and rushed than before, especially due to an actual intro for Kud and her interactions with the Little Busters. It makes me wonder why they didn't bother doing that with Komari, Haruka and Yuiko (instead of pushing everything in a single episode for the latter 3), but oh well.
That said, the episode feels disjointed/not really following that well the rest, for the exact same reason than before: focusing on a single character "flags" just makes a linear feeling behind that, but thankfully, it is less obvious due to having the whole cast involved, instead of just having Riki and maybe some extra. They really should have spread all the girls screentime and put Komari much later but what's done is done.

I'm also surprised they involve A-chan that much, likewise, Kanata's role is getting quite the screentime. On the other hand, it is quite funny how they introduce Mio out of nowhere despite it is already the eighth episode, so having Riki asking her about that despite never talking to her before is just shoehorned.
Her new seiyuu, Tatsumi, is just quiet, and nothing really to say compared Kawaragi as of now, so probably better wait for more episodes before making a real comparison.

Production wise, the episode sure has a better animation and sakuga, although I still wonder about certain weird choice... (I mean, did they really need a flat black with lightning BG for Kanata when she was lecturing Kud, Riki and Masato? likewise, they sure like to increase the number of frames for finger twirling and hair )

Overall, an average/good episode. If they make sure the rest of the episodes have slightly smoother transitions and composition, it might salvage the subpar start.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2012-11-24 at 21:49. Reason: typo