View Single Post
Old 2012-11-28, 20:34   Link #31
Darthtabby

Rinne no Lagrange: Yes, I'm nominating it as one of the pleasant surprises of 2012 despite the fact that I also nominated it as a disappointment. Why? Because before it disappointed me with its ending, this show went from being something I had low expectations for to being a front runner for my pick for anime of the year.

Tari Tari: This show took its time to prove itself to me. At first I had trouble even telling some of the characters apart! But once it got a ways in I started to really enjoy it. Heck, I even appreciated the early episodes more after going back and rewatching them (a not uncommon phenomenon for me and shows I come to really like).

Jormungand: I wasn't too impressed by this at first. I didn't see what was supposed to be so intellectual about it and the action scenes seemed rather clumsy compared to what you'd get in something like Black Lagoon. But I really liked how Koko got her team out of danger without firing a shot in episode two, and over the course of the series I've come to be rather fond of many of the characters.

Zetsuen no Tempest: The preview description didn't sound so good, but this has become one of my favorite series of the current season.

An an honorable mention to Muv Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse for coming back strong strong after some of its weak parts.
Darthtabby is offline   Reply With Quote