View Single Post
Old 2006-01-16, 22:57   Link #292
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celes
Very good point. There aren't many legendary heroes with blue hair after all. But if appearance means nothing... that throws even more wrenches in the mix.

I tried googling for legendary lancers (came up with nearly squat) until someone in the thread mentioned spears instead. Tried *that* and got a bit more (not much of a difference between both anyway).

Using strings like [spear/hero/magic/mythology] and combinations thereof, I got a bunch of really obscure figures, like Kaulu-laau (Hawaiian) a few unknown greek dudes, Lugh (Irish) and Cù Chulainn (the Hound of Ulster, also of Irish fame), and, of course, Odin/Wotan (his spear Gungnir).

If we completely disregard Servant appearance, Odin, Lugh, and Cù Chulainn would be the only decent choices in that list because of their prowess (funny fact: Cù Chulainn is Lugh's son ). Odin was a viking (love of combat and all and his spear Gungnir), Lugh had a magic spear, and so did his son Cù Chulainn (though not the same spear from what I can tell).

Of course, you know what they say about assuming things. Most likely I'm way off the mark.

PS - I've wasted almost an hour on this. I *need* a life.
All the names you came up with came form the europe. have try looking for names in asia. Like the bunch i listed earlier. The ones form the Romance of the Three Kingdoms are of which is very famous in japan due to the game form koei. And a lot of them are the lancer types.