View Single Post
Old 2013-01-26, 15:35   Link #5708
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znozzy View Post
Indeed, but she hasnt voiced cagalli in any games either
Yeah, but Morosawa isn't involved in the games.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
That was the only time they actually broke it
No, it wasn't.
Quote:
and even then they made it clear that they were setting the line at weapons development and nothing more.
They didn't need to do anything more. Once they are involved, they are involved.
Quote:
And even then it was a point of contention. Cagalli went as far as to say her father betrayed Orb in doing so and it was all in secret so it seems to me more like Cagalli's father had bent rules he wasn't supposed to, rather than break ideals that were not fundamental to the country.
Actually, Uzumi didn't know about it at the time. But once he knew, he did nothing about the perpetrators and even continued to profit from it.
Quote:
It's true that Orb could've argued that as a basis.

But it didn't.
Because they chose to abandon their ideals. That was just a reason that they could've chosen if they wanted to pretend that they're still upholding their ideals.
Quote:
But even then that's a false equivalence argument. Orb was directly invaded in the first season whereas in the second season it was an indeterminate terrorist attack.
That indeterminate attack still affected Orb.
Quote:
And the idea that they had to take sides because of the treaty is false. It's the other way round: The fact that they took sides lead to the treaty.
Yes, but that's not what I said. I said form a relationship, and that happens the moment they joined the Alliance.
Quote:
But they weren't interfering with any conflict. They were fighting a side that had occupied them.
No, I'm talking about when they interfered in the battle between EA and ZAFT. Orb was not part of that battle.
Quote:
The original point here was about how letting themselves being invaded didn't break their ideal if they were doing it to maintain the core ideal. That's hardly ignoring it when it doesn't suit them.
Of course, it does. Part of their ideal is that they will prevent anybody from invading them. If they had fought and lost, that would be one thing. But Uzumi chose to give up before they were even defeated and reduced his military strength.
Quote:
No I've seen them and they were good episodes as well that thickened the plot between Shinn and Stellar but I just didn't have much to comment on. The Recap episode was Episode 20.
Oh, okay.
Quote:
[EDIT]

...and Episode 29 apparently. I don't even know why they bother with recap episodes when they recap every 30 seconds anyway...
There's even a .5 phase that's a recap. I think there are about 4 recap episodes out of a total of 51 for the series.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote