View Single Post
Old 2013-03-03, 22:07   Link #1334
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
I really enjoyed the last few episodes of the tv series for its cheese factor.

So, I had some expectations for the movie.

I guess what was said earlier about the crew that did the tv series and the movie being completely different was true.

On the plus side:

* Gorgeous. I generally hate Clamp-style art, but somehow this crew managed to do it without it looking completely stupid. It looked fantastic.

* The glasses never came back. Thank gawd. She looks far better without them.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

On the down side:

* Boring. Completely lacking the cheese factor entertainment of the last few episodes from the tv series. It was a slow moving drama, which I just didn't find all that interesting.

* I'm trying to decide if I just don't get what in the world Fumito was actually trying to accomplish, or if I do, and am rejecting it because it was just so stupid (not in the good, cheesy, lol last two episodes of the tv series way, but in the bad way).
Currently watching it subbed as I type, but I definitely agree on the visual aspect as I immediately thought Saya jumped up quite a lot on the hotness-scale, lol. (She was much more on the cutesy side in the anime series outside of the fighting, where it was high on the sexy-scale, lol.)

And the city and how smoothly everything seems to move around is great to look at.
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote