View Single Post
Old 2013-03-06, 22:59   Link #1428
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warm Mist View Post
Speaking about promoting themselves and all that, I wonder if the Hattas only have a good connection with Kadokawa, but to my understanding they've always been working for mostly two companies, or am I wrong? Let's say, they never adapted a Kodansha or DengekiB thing, or they never made anything with Aniplex backing them. Does that have a particular reason or any sort?
Anime production is all about who you know. Itou P (from Kadokawa) has always been their person heading to KyoAni since day 1 (and helped push Munto into a TV series/movie). The other big person from Kadokawa is Takeshi Yasuda (who's helping with Miyakawa-ke's Hunger). On the other side, you had Nakayama/Nakamura from TBS who helped with the Key series/K-On!. (I can't find anyone from Pony Canyon at the moment on the Key side).

Hideaki Hatta has been on the producers for everything they've done from Kadokawa, so he's the one that has the good relationships with them. The TBS producers have worked with Yoko Hatta. They do have an in with Aniplex regarding Kozue Kananiwa, who was a producer with Movic and has worked with several Aniplex titles.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT