View Single Post
Old 2013-03-07, 15:54   Link #112
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vito View Post
It's not "instead", the novel is expensive to translate (page count!) and they've made it pretty clear how many copies they'd have to sell for it to be profitable. If the manga does really well, that will show them there's interest (=people willing to spend actual money instead of just gushing over it on tumblr/forums/twitter) in the franchise and they'll be more likely to pick up the novel.
Of course there's also the fact that the manga is very different from the novel and someone who is interested in one may not be interested in the other, so I hope they're not trying to gauge interest in the book based on interest in the manga. I'd support an English language release of the book because why not (except apparently I don't count because I'm not in the US or Canada? I'm not knowledgeable about licensing rights but it would be easier to get the desired number of preorders if they went international, people speak English outside of North America, too), but there's no way I'd buy something I don't like and don't want (and don't want to support) just for that, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote