Thread: Licensed Girls und Panzer
View Single Post
Old 2013-03-11, 11:18   Link #4508
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wontaek View Post
You mentioned T-34s, but I heard that in addition to problems with radio and gun-sight, it was a very uncomfortable tank to be in.
They're not really problems by the time the T-34/85s roll out.

Quote:
I also heard that fuel economy of T-34 were not good. Would the crew still stick to T-34 if they were given choice to drive and maintain another tank? (Note: I did hear that T-34s were easier to maintain or repair, so that might be a plus to the crew who have to help out on the repair/maintenance )
The very opposite is true. The T-34 had one of the best combat ranges of any tank in World War II. They regularly travelled 300+km without refuelling - in the Manchuria campaign T-34 units were still pushing forward after all the Shermans had run out of fuel.

Quote:
Also are there any tanks you would not buy because they are too expensive, too hard to maintain, consume too much fuel, or too uncomfortable for the crews?
The late war German tanks all qualify - all of them were a pain to maintain, and they drank up a lot of fuel. Even over distances of 20-30km, it was preferable to move the tanks to a railhead and then move them by train than it was to drive them there.