Thread: Licensed Girls und Panzer
View Single Post
Old 2013-03-11, 11:31   Link #4510
rocket
Senior and Demented

Quote:
Originally Posted by wontaek View Post
Pick the players before the tank? well,.... My choice would be

1. Captain : Darjeeling - She can provide stability and diplomacy that this all-star team ( = lots of strong egos ) needs. I don't remember seeing her make a poor decision. Her team made Final 4 last year and this year as well, right? ( Tank choice : Comet , Centurion, or whatever the best British Tank you can reasonably afford and maintain )

2. Vice-captain : Nishizumi Miho - you need a miracle worker. The reason I have her as Vice-captain instead of captain is that if you have all-star team, all of them will insist on doing things their way and Miho seems bit timid to keep these strong willed people in control. ( Tank choice : best version of Tiger I or Panzer IV you can reasonably afford and maintain )

3. Gunner 1 : Nonna - One of few girls who can hit something at long range ( Best Soviet Tank you can reasonably afford and maintain )

4. Gunner 2 : Naomi - Another girl who can hit something at long range ( Sherman Firefly or M26 Pershing , which ever gives better bang for buck )

5. Reizei Mako + Akiyama Yukari : I would give the 5th tank to this pair. While the captain or the vice-captain might need their brains and skills, if things get chaotic, you need each tank to be able to make the best decision possible, and this combo might be the best in processing power ( Mako ) and amount of stored data ( Yukari ) . If I have to choose only 1 of the 2, I would choose Akiyama Yukari as she would be the best choice as an aide to the captains. ( Tank choice : E-50 if permitted, though lack of real combat experience may still make this risky choice. Would go with best possible version of Panther, Panzer IV, or Jagdpanther , that you can reasonably afford and maintain. Do note that Jagdpanther has the upgraded transmission that would have solved so many of the problems Panther tank had )
I like this lineup a lot!

Granted I have a soft spot for clam, reserved, dignified leader types (Jean-Lu anyone?) and Darjeeling is all that (and super cute - love the braids!). She's more forceful/decisive than Miho and would certainly get the best out of Miho's tactical genius and the other girls skills. Darjeeling's got the looks to appeal for the sponsors, Nonna will also fill a specific eye-candy niche and Yukari's geekiness and enthusiasm appeal to the hardcore tread heads.

Still I'd consider this to be a bit much of a dream team to be actually affordable. Darjeeling's going to be an expensive draft pick as a Captain with a proven track record. That's going to make it hard to recruit Miho (who regardless of how the last battle turns out will have made a name for herself) or Nonna (who might also have her effectiveness reduced without Katyusha - forget this team going up against Pravda - Nonna might turn coat!). Naomi, Mako and Yukari seem affordable, though I hope Saunders treats their ace shot well.