Thread: Licensed Girls und Panzer
View Single Post
Old 2013-03-11, 21:46   Link #4518
arkhangelsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
It is also possible that Ooarai losses the Finals. Episode 12's title is "This Fight Won't Be Dismissed!" ("Ato ni wa Hikenai Tatakai desu!" (あとには退けない戦いです!) )
The 退け here is not Shirizoke (which is used for not only rejected and dimissed, but also beat back) but Hike (to retreat) - same kanji, different reading, different meaning - though I've checked and confirmed that such "subtleties" are lost on Google Translate.

So the title is more like "Now it is a Fight from which We Cannot Retreat!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
For those arguing with manga material, I admit I have not kept up with it, but the parts that I did read did not actually match the anime perfectly. Certain elements were different in the manga. As far as I'm concerned, that means the manga is wrong, and also makes its trustworthiness suspect in areas that the anime did not cover. Until we see an anime representation of the Anzio battle, I will continue to judge it based on what the anime did show.
I actually agree that the GuP manga shows severe deviation from the anime, to the point where it can hardly be treated as "a different point of view". Nevertheless, Anzio seems like too small a point to haggle on. Besides, it is rumored that they want to do a OVA on Anzio's fight, and if they do that, Anzio could only fight better than implied in that brief cut in the main anime (though I wish they can remember which tanks are shown to be alive, and stick with that).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Quite frankly, I think its gradually becoming unreal that Oorai continued to pull the impossible...

If they actually win this one, then its just too perfect. Oorai should lose, keep the school and continue brushing up their senshado.
It is not impossible. In fact, it is in a sense easier than they ever had it before. Remember that they do have a Porsche Tiger. All Motor-Club has to do is land one hit on Maho's tank, which is "only" a "mere" Tiger and the flag can pop up. Maho likes leading from the front, so they won't even have to find her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
By the look of the preview it looks like that, at the bare minimum, the Lee will be knocked out in episode 11. Kind of hard to defend it in the middle of a flooded field and without cover.
On the other hand, it seems Miho does fix the problem with the engine. It seems a bit mean to let her fix the engine, and then Kuromorimine blows it up... Realistic, but a bit out of character for this show.

Besides, Rabbit Team is the only "original" (there from Ep1) team not granted its Moment of Awesome yet (I don't think they've even been graced with a hit yet), and this is the last chance. Surely Mizushima won't be so cruel as to make them the butt monkeys to the last...

Personal preference would be for them to take out Erika's tank. It'll be tough because the M3 is not known as a tank killer, but if you stuff a T45 HVAP into the gun (T45 HVAP won't be a standard loadout, but then the M2 gun is just a older, shorter version of the M3 gun that does use it so the HVAP should feed and fire at a lower velocity, there should be enough for a side, or even lower front hull penetration.

And it'll be the ultimate comedic end of Erika, who richly deserves such a slap.
arkhangelsk is offline   Reply With Quote