Thread: Netflix Pokemon (Pocket Monsters)
View Single Post
Old 2013-03-16, 18:57   Link #187
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Pocket Monsters Best Wishes: End of the Unova League

As of today, I've watched myself the episode that concludes the whole of the Unova League arc: Seasons one + two.

The only thing that made me upset and wanting to shoot an array of swear words, but I must refrain because I need to show manners and stay civil, is watching Satoshi losing the quarter-finals to an idiot kid like Kotetsu.

Kotetsu didn't deserve to win and go to the semi-finals, because I mean he made so terrible blunders:
- Thought you need seven gym badges for admittance into the Unova League.
- He confused the dates of registration and was about to be kept out from participating.
- In the quarter-finals thought that you need a team of five pokemon, instead of "six" for the matches.

Honestly, the Satoshi from way back to the Kanto League at the very start of the anime would have made those blunders, but he did not.

I would have loved seeing Satoshi win and going to the semi-finals. At least, he would have lost with a respected rival to the likes of Virgil, the Team-Eevee User.
Had Satoshi reached the semi-finals he would have only Pikachu left at the climax of the match with Virgil having only two pokemon left in his team; Virgil would have likely sent Eevee to battle and win over Pikachu.

But not a chance! The outcome made me mad just as seeing Satoshi losing the semi-finals of the Sinnoh League to a user having just pure "Legendary" Pokemon on his team.

Oh, well! I definitely liked the cinematography used to animate the closing moments of the episode when Satoshi said his farewells to Higaki City and the Unova League heading for his next destination.

Hopefully, next Monday I'll start with the much anticipated episode of "N" arc, which at last introduces Team Plasma for the first time ever in the anime.
Best Wishes has already covered two thirds of the overall storyline; the "N" arc covers the final third.

In summary, Best Wishes is divided into two acts:
1. Unova League (Seasons 1 + 2)
2. Episode of N (Season 3)

Once I get the chance to watch the last episode to the N arc, which completely closes the whole Best Wishes series, then as I promised, I'll be leaving the Pokemon anime once and for all; good riddance.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote