View Single Post
Old 2013-04-14, 10:09   Link #5
Natsurin
Memento Mori
*Graphic Designer

Unlike what other people says, I think J.C Staff handled this season pretty well, let's not forget the Anime-Only watchers don't know what the Visual Novel Players do, and I think J.C Staff are pretty well aware of that fact.

Now, of course this season had some minor, to major problems, which I won't mention for spoiler-free sake.
Let's not forget we're dealing with J.C Staff here..

Animation 7/10:

I think the animation quality was, well.. Kinda weird in the first half, and it got better in the second, increase of budget half-way?

Script 7.9/10:

I think it was good for what it really is, a prologue to Refrain, with the character routes 'jammed' in.
Thus I will go more in depth on the Refrain overall impressions.

Voice Acting 8/10:

I think that it was really good, and was fitting each character, glad they toned down Rin and Komari in the anime.. They blew my ears up in the novel..

Character design 7.5/10:

Well, aside from the fact that they rendered it in 'Moe Form', I think it was fairly good, I actually prefer some designs from the anime better than the novel

Soundtrack 8/10:

I believe they kept the same tracks from the novel, so if you liked the novel's tracks, then you already love these.
Well, as mentioned, too bad it had some really weird/bad placement..

Editing:

I don't know much about that, so I'll pass.

Enjoyment 7.5/10:

It was fairly fine to me, aside from the 'funny scenes' that were repeated so many times they made me go "...Meh.." [Which is too bad cause I'd usually laugh my head off at those scenes in the novel.] it's quite enjoyable if you don't have anything in your to-watch list.
Gotta love those trolling scenes.

Emotional Involvement 6.5/10:

If you finished the VN before watching the anime like I did, you can be pretty involved in some scenes... Unfortunately, not enough for me.

Total Series Rating 7.9/10:

Now, you can freely call me a 'simplist that doesn't see the true values behind the moe' but I believe that for a prologue, it was really good, thus I shall put all my hope on Refrain.
We have high expectations J.C Staff, don't betray us.

Sorry for the wall of text, I can't express what I truly think without those..