View Single Post
Old 2013-04-30, 02:27   Link #32186
Kealym

Small notes, but

1. I'm almost certain that in the EP7 narrative, Yasu claimed to actually have several friends / was friendly with a few other kids at school, but implied that it wasn't something that extended outside of school, itself.

2. Jessica and Battler were both consistently described as outgoing, friendly kids who got on well with both boys and girls. Jessica in particular seems insanely popular at school (she apparently got elected Student Council Head just off that, right?), and is ALSO friends enough with all the Fukuin servants that she knows their birthdays and gets them personalized gifts each year. EP7 shows her hanging out with, was it the Asmodeus and Beelzebub maids? Talking about boys and stuff, even though they were probably a couple years older than her at that point.

What I'm getting at is that while Jessica was probs Yasu's best friend, I kinda have my doubts about Yasu being Jessica's best friend, in turn.

3. While I agree that Kanon, if he was played at all, was probably used very very sparsely, the fact still remains that nobody overtly tries to deny him, post-86. For what these arguments are worth, the surviving Fukuin kids raise no red flags about him, Ange doesn't find him a strange element, and Tohya does have the flash memory of Kanon is that "who are these people, calling me by a strange name in the past?!" segment.
Kealym is offline   Reply With Quote