View Single Post
Old 2013-06-14, 14:27   Link #3558
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by zubalikei View Post
I don't know if understand the bolded text correctly ...
It's mostly just a translation issue. There's nothing about "you can comment your own views", he's just saying that he's adding his own comments as the author.

The question is commenting on how the end of the light novels has the feel of a galge, and the sense of a return to the start.

And the author says:
That's true. I wrote it to be similar to scenes from Volume 1. Writing an intense story that clearly goes down the forbidden path is really difficult in Dengeki Bunko, but given that I decided to give Kirino a happy ending, I still needed to set her future on as good a path as possible. It was extremely tricky. The result is as you can see in the book, but if I were to add my own redundant comments for those who want to re-read it, I would say:

- A Complete Kirino Ending
- Just like the Life Consultations that started it all, the story ends with the siblings having a shared secret.

That's what Volume 12 is about.

---

As he said, his summary doesn't really say anything the novel didn't already imply, but he just makes it a bit more clear that the Life Consultation at the end is because they have a new secret to share (linked to Kyousuke's kiss), and that the ending gives Kirino the happiest ending he figured he could get away with.

But, in the end, although this points to the author's intentions in writing it that way, it obviously still doesn't stop people from forming their own predictions about what they believe will happen after that.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-06-14 at 14:46.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote