View Single Post
Old 2013-08-03, 19:06   Link #61
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereminVox View Post
So... we were supposed to think Chihiro was female? And that the class didn't know? Considering the absurd costumes everyone wears, I assumed from the first episode that the dress was just another eccentric outfit. A crossdresser hardly even seemed worth noting, compared to the other ridiculous garbs on display. Am I just an idiot? What else am I utterly mistaken about?
To be honest, I didn't like Chihiro. The character designs and all were fine, but the voice didn't seem to match with the character. Specifically, it seemed a bit too low for a character like that, even though the VA was female. In hindsight it was perfect casting. I never thought there was any gender-bending going on, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
At the very least, I keep my own rants under tags which means you are free to completely ignore them. It isn't like I expect people to "really not enjoying it as an anime only watcher", in fact it is rather reassuring for the franchise that anime watchers can enjoy it, but don't ask me to nod to things I sincerely think that are wrong.
I mean no offense in saying this, but if your rants have been under tags then I have been ignoring them (and I thank you for bothering to put them in tags). I've been keeping away from these forums because I checked on two episode threads when I first picked up the series and it seemed like it was just a bunch of people complaining about how the series was doing a poor job of adapting (or directly ripping) from the game. As an anime-only viewer, it's a real downer.

I don't mean to draw out the focus on anime vs. game with this post or the one made previously, but I wanted to voice some agreement with the person who originally made a comment on it.