View Single Post
Old 2013-11-12, 05:26   Link #1063
JustRob

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
I get your argument which pretty much emphasizes the point, "means to an end." It's also nice to see you start to cave in a little about what Danzo actually is "a necessary evil" which at the beginning you were unwilling to even consider.

Let me ask you one thing to see how far you are willing to go to support a guy like Danzo: would you let a guy like Danzo harm your loved ones, your family member, your children, or someone that you deeply care about because he says it will lead to peace? Where would you draw the line? You don't need to answer the question if you choose not do so since it is a bit personal.

As for US foreign policy, errr... that's a topic we better not delve into in here. There are couple of threads in the General Chat section where argument such as yours has been laid to rest more than a few times by well supported reason.

Btw, yes, calling people "hypocrites" is name-calling where the intention is to berate, insult, and etc. Don't let it get personal and don't cross the personal territory.
Ofcourse I wouldn't. Even if knew war would break out if I didn't go along with it, I still wouldn't. Most people wouldn't, no, in fact, nobody would, save for a few individuals. Itachi was such an individual. No other man has as much dedication and integrity in this manga as he does. Unlike you or me, he witnessed war himself when he was only a child. He knew horrors most people can't fathom. And he knew that he had to do whatever he could to prevent another war. So he tried to erase any sense of emotion, and murdered his family and friends in cold blood. Any normal person couldn't bring themselves to do that, and even if they could, they would go mad after the fact.

So from that standpoint, I can see where people are coming from. Nobody can imagine that they would be willing to kill their own family, and so they convince themselves that it's probably not worth it anyways. But here, we're talking about a situation where there was no other way. Itachi knew for a fact the Uchiha were planning a bloody massacre, and he knew there was only one way to prevent it.

It must be nice to be able to pretend that what Danzo said was exaggerated, and that the massacre was probably not necessary. But this threat was real, not some vague promise of world peace and happiness for all.