Thread: Licensed Rosario+Vampire Manga
View Single Post
Old 2014-04-28, 00:51   Link #25371
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraluka View Post
Its wasn't forced.
I think it is.

Here we have the Outer Moka persona essentially taking over the real Moka's character. While it's true having the two personalities slowly merge into one was an obvious conclusion earlier in the series, the Alucard arc gave it an entirely different meaning.
With Outer Moka revealed to be Akasha's personality, the implications of having her fuse with the real Moka's personality becomes a little disturbing. Moka is being taken over by a persona modeled after her mother, and everyone is fine with that... just because they're used to that version of "Moka"?

And then there's the plothole surrounding Issa. He's supposed to be on par with the three Dark Lords and we're supposed to believe he got captured with no way of breaking free? And even if we humor that notion, why couldn't the headmaster or anyone discover where he was imprisoned and at least try setting him free so he can help in the battle against Alucard? I'm pretty sure his whereabouts were a big question when his imposter appeared.

It's pretty obvious this ending doesn't match what was established in the final arc, but Ikeda just wanted to return the supernatural romcom the series was known for early on before the big Fairy Tail mess.

For the record, I don't really blame him. I enjoyed this chapter, and I think it shows how much the Fairy Tail/Alucard arc was more out place with the overall tone of the series than this final chapter.
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote