View Single Post
Old 2006-05-24, 18:39   Link #1087
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Perfection also makes for a boring character.
Haruhi, perfect? I thought I was arguing for anything but that. >_<

Quote:
I think maybe what she truly desires is friends and that is subconciously why she founded the SOS. Maybe she is really lonely because everyone is so scared of her. I hope the story covers this idea somewhat, as it may hold the key to Haruhi finding what she wants in life.
While you're welcome to hope for any moral lesson in the end of the series, I wouldn't hold my breath, Kaioshin_Sama. As far as I see it, this show is looking to be just for entertainment purposes. Looking for life lesson in here would be like looking one in a show like the newer episodes of the Simpsons. But hey, I've been wrong before. XD

Topic of friendship, you might see in other anime, but I doubt it'll creep up in this one, particularly for Haruhi. Haruhi from the very beginning comes off to be the 'lone wolf' type (remember the time when she sat by herself during PE class in eps 2?), and coupled with the fact that she could give a rat's ass about what anybody thinks of her, I don't think she's out looking for 'ordinary' friends. As such, I find it improbable and illogical that she founded the SOS dan for any other reasons than the one explicitly stated in the beginning of the series; that is to greatly enliven the world (for her sake, might I add).

As for what Haruhi wants in life, I thought this was already answered in the first few minutes of episode 2? If there's one thing that can describe Haruhi, it's her knowing what she wants, when she wants it. As of right now there's only one thing she wants: to have fun experiencing extraordinary things. But hey, maybe she'd change her mind in the future, but the only logical change I can see so far in the anime would be changing her motto from what I have said before to 'have fun experiencing extraordinary things with Kyon', if episode 8 is of any indication.

Nice theory, but it needs a bit more evidence from the anime itself before it becomes more plausible.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote