Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2006-10-11, 22:02   Link #4
Sakaki
Watakushi wa heiki desu!

Send a message via AIM to Sakaki
Actually it's not really all that expensive unless you get up into fancy newer planes. I was a aircraft technician for quite a few years working on private planes, and the guys who owned the planes I worked on were not rich by any means most were probably making close to the poverty level. It's not really any more expensive than having a boat. (Which around here on the great lakes allot of people have)

The thing that got me was how on TV they were all how dangerous it was for privet planes to be flying around New York, and how this was a terrible tragedy.
Well, for the people involved it was, but how many people die in car accidents around New York every year, I bet allot more than the 2 that died in this accident. The only 2 others in recent years were helicopters that set down in the river in '97 and '05. General aviation is a 100 times safer than driving in a car, but every time there is an accident the media and politicians start ranting how dangerous it is and how it should be baned.

Last edited by Sakaki; 2006-10-11 at 23:40.