View Single Post
Old 2007-03-11, 15:51   Link #67
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
lol where do you come up with all these ideas
meh... inspiration (i don't really think if i should really use this term...) is really random you know (and that signature wasn't really the thing i "thought' i would do, back when i have done the Mai&Hope sig )
trust me, i will probably be demolished on untouched subject so far... (ask me a naruto sig, and i'm screwed big time XD)

hopefully, my "whim" signatures are still... faithful to the original subject (err... i hope so )
Quote:
lets see ~
the colours are great...but but with a lot of depth
but the middle part seems a bit unatural ~ probably because such a small area is "coloured" it seems to be a bit misplaced ~ i think it will look better if you add a bit of glow around mai ~ maybe if you add a layer behind her and puts some highlights shining out ^_^
that what i wanted to do ^^"
in fact, i put some bias ray of light on her, with some light purple gradiant, but i decided to decrease a lot its opacity, since it was really altering the contrast and balance.
that's why i also didn't put a glow on mai, since i wanted the source of light coming from the background onto her, not from her. (using both effects are kinda contradictory IMO ^^")
but i agree that a more substancial ray of light would be nice (i reminds me some of Tsukiyomi signatures, where he use his usual SFX ray of light with a random character and black/dark background on it)
Quote:
the right side is rather detatched...its cause the triangle "glass piece" you have there is cutting off the right side where the moon is...this makes it look somewat detatched so it could be a good idea to not have the layer cutting all the way through vertically ~
well, it was somewhat on purpose ^^"
the sword was meant to be a symbol on its own, while being "slightly" associated to mai within the glass shard (that's why the moon is visible on the "sword part" and in the "glass shard" but NOT in the center mai background.
yeah, this detail is really obscure ^^"

*sigh* i dunno how to explain this, i fear i was drowned in my own thoughts during the process
Quote:
but in the end i quite like how you blended the background together so well ~ the effects look great and word positioning isnt cluttered or too distractive ^_^
that's fine to hear XD
i tried "more effects" with lishglty less "character details" here... something like balancing the character extension and eye candy (meh... not sure how to say it ~~)

like rena sig, i guess i won't really edit this sig a lot, though you helped me again for spotting the flaws. for that, thanks again ^^

Orz...

now that i learn some things with this sig during the process and aftermath, i hope i won't be stuck like an idiot without any subject to do T_T

*twisting his cerebrum* : Probably Ayu/Nayuki or Akiha...
sheesh.. WTB stroke of genius ~~