View Single Post
Old 2007-04-04, 01:37   Link #263
Aaron008R

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkellis View Post
A few more things I noticed in the rewatchings of episode one:

- Subaru manages to crash through a glass window without a scratch. I would assume that her outfit is therefore her Barrier Jacket and can easily take such abuse.
- Agreed. Maybe it was confusing to some about the added skirt attachments showed in the previews were absent at first but they should be getting them any time now. Mages of Midchilda generally do not enter battle without Barrier Jackets. The appearance of their BJs are decided by the owner.

Quote:
- At the end, when Nanoha casts her spell to create the net, there's a Velka-style triangle below it. I would guess that Nanoha made the net, and Reinforce Zwei made the foam pillars; not only do the colours correspond, but when Nanoha "shut off" her magic, the net disappeared but the pillars and the Velka triangle remained, and when Reinforce Zwei closed her book, the pillars (and presumably the triangle) disappeared.
- Fate and Hayate were also casting shock absorber spells from the helicopter.

Quote:
- I'm still not used to the trio of Nanoha, Fate, and Hayate being the "wise experienced mentors". It seemed like just yesterday that they were kids...
- Doesn't detract from their appeal though. But I must admit that a 10-year jump is really quite jarring. The StrikerS manga and the recent Sound Stage was able to partially absorb the shock quite nicely though.