View Single Post
Old 2007-04-04, 22:26   Link #49
sazan fan

First off, to ickem, if I sounded like I was directly attacking you in my previous post, I apologize, it was not my intention. By people I meant the people in the manga. (the organization, other claymores etc) That is what really annoys me. Talk is cheap. And just because they say so does not necessary make it true. Think about it this way, people (fans, even some sports analysts) thought that Carter was going to be the next Michael Jordan, and look how that turned out.

By the way I just dug this up, since I am rereading the manga after seeing the anime:

Volume 5 Chapter 2 (Chapter 23 overall)

"I don't believe it! Teresa repelled Priscilla's massive strength... using just enough yoma power for her eyes color to change. That's the true nature... of Teresa's strength."

You can interpret the quote however you want, but to me this showed that the other claymores (or at least the individual who I can't identify since they all look alike) finally realized just how strong Teresa truly was. The talk about Priscilla having the talent of becoming stronger than is just all hype. They think that way because Teresa has never needed to release her true strength, even against Priscilla who is pushing her yoma limits.