View Single Post
Old 2012-04-15, 10:10   Link #281
TimeMask
Phantom Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
I saw that clip many times and no, they don't look fast. The hands movements before blocking might be fast but not the actual battle. Their kicks are on pair with Korra's and they don't look very flexible.

Well for one, several years passed since then, animation had improved. Besides her movements are pretty fast in close up when she hits earth benders and we only saw few shots while she took out a dozen of them. She also is more into acrobatics and prefers to play around before striking. She could have taken out the first dude instantly but instead played around by avoiding before striking.

In episode 16 her hands move fast when she knocks out the warriors.

In episode 19 Ty Lee took Katara out before she was able to do anything and there was enough of time.

Besides Ty Lee's main advantage is not speed but her flexibility and acrobatic abilities. And believe me, those play a huge role.

Physical strength doesn't mean that Korra can keep up with Ty Lee's fluid movements. Korra will be stronger than Ty Lee eventually, no doubt there but right now I really doubt it.
I was comparing Ty Lee to Amon's men not Korra. Its too early to say who's stronger since we haven't seen much from Amon's men, also I never mentioned physical strength.

I watched some Ty Lee fight videos and in terms of movement speed Amon's men can run around Ty Lee's level of speed and they use chi blocking faster then her.

Chi blocking may have been improved since Ty Lee's time and Amon's men are older then Ty Lee which is why I think you are being too quick to confirm Ty Lee is better then Amon's men but its possible.

Last edited by TimeMask; 2012-04-15 at 12:02.
TimeMask is offline   Reply With Quote