View Single Post
Old 2009-10-28, 11:25   Link #1343
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
She would have won against Unzen if she had managed to change his views, which she failed to do. If you check my post, I see Medaka more like GTO than anything, so fighting isn't the main theme to me. Had she killed Unzen, she would have been thrown out of school in addition to being devastated emotionally, which she would have done if not for her friends.
There was a battle against his sister, except she chose not to defend and got beaten up, thus failing to face the problem at hand. So, that was her second defeat.
I wouldn't really call that "losing" so much as her just being a complete idiot. Now she's going to get serious-- and you saw what happens when she does that. She took down 3 members of class 13 without even touching them. When she learns to "not go easy" on people, there will be no one who can stand against her, making each villain pretty much pointless and making the rest of the heroes irrelevant. As I said, it reminds me on the Manhwa Id, where Id is so strong, the other character really have no point in the story except to stand around and gape at the feats of power he displays. It made the whole thing very boring for me and the only thing that kept me reading it was the jealous sword. :P