View Single Post
Old 2008-07-03, 05:30   Link #494
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightHack View Post
You don't understand because you haven't taken time to watch all of it.
I don't think I will because...

Quote:
I myself admit I was hard pressed to watch past a certain point in the original Macross, but when I got past that point I realized it was a treat. But really, before you start bashing stuff try to get grip on the information first.
I think I've reached that point. Besides, I've been spoiled to hell and back. Seriously, Minmei picks up some guy that abuses her? Lame...

Quote:
Now go and watch, come back when you're finished. Maybe then you'll be able to put up a decent comeback.
I'm not about to explain myself to you since you're not paying attention to the context.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
^ You're dealing with the guy who disagreed that Minmei was the inspiration for Lacus Clyne even though the director of SEED said so... and he hadn't even watched an episode of Macross at the point.
You were disagreeing with me that Gundam Seed was inspired in part by Star Wars so nyah.

Quote:
How did you draw that conclusion when you started watching a 25 year old show a few weeks ago? Most of the hate for Minmei is from people who have finished the show when it aired as Robotech in the late eighties or who saw it in its original form after that. You should already be seeing the warning signs, Kaifun (god this character was worthless... he's like the Macross version of you j/k : ) just makes things worst.
I wasn't the one who first mentioned Minmei. The one who did expressed having hatred of her right off the bat, and then some concured with the sentiment.

Quote:
Just keep watching.
I've given up since they ran out of ammo, while whatever it was they shooting at seemed to have disappeared just as they did.

Quote:
I wouldn't expect you to get the comparisons and I suggest you wait until you finish watching both shows before you talk of badly written story lines.
"I care so much about my earring/Galaxy, that I'll just pretend they don't exist/matter whenever it's convinent" vs. "My childhood crush died and traumatized me, so even though I'm now a grown woman with a long military career ahead of me, I'm going to just sit here and die even though my colleagues are yelling at me over the radio" also "Hey, that young pilot who keeps calling me old woman thinks I don't care about what happens to pilots because I'm supposedly safe and sound on the exposed bridge of a battleship. I think I'll just buzz around in a flying bullseye, while leaving myself convinently unguarded for easy capture. Just to show him!"