View Single Post
Old 2013-05-06, 09:17   Link #22
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
From the official site there are these images showing Avalon and explaining the functions of all of its parts.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

They've been on my hard disk for a while because I wanted to translate them first, but I got demoralized since the resolution is too low and that makes it hard to recognize the most difficult Kanji.

I've only got so far as getting from the first one "supermagnetic shield thrust reverser" but I miss a kanji.

Maybe someone with a better knowledge of Japanese can provide translations.
Sorry, I forgot we have a tech thread too. Triple posting here too! >_<

About Avalon:

At the top of the structure is a Super Electromagenetic Shield which doubles as a Thrust Reverser, followed by Electromagnetic Shield Retention Rings holding it in place. Then there is a Ultra High Density Solid of Revolution with an Accretion Disc around it.

In the residential zone, there are two sets of 12 Revolving Residential Areas each. These are held in place with Residential Area Support Rings. "Filter Sails" are installed in the space between the residential areas and the plasma running through the center. The sails are made of a film which protects the residential areas from harmful radiation emitting from the plasma.

At the bottom of the structure are Power Control Rings followed by Plasma Acceleration Rings at the very bottom.