View Single Post
Old 2013-03-19, 08:22   Link #4093
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandhy88 View Post
Men has responsibility to bear the noble title as women in general cannot do it. So the men given a certain position at goverment like duke who rule over their teritory.
Women only given authority as the reward of their service to empire. Like when Scarlet tried to confiscated by goverment for being Elstein Spirit from Claire, Greyworth has enough authority to refuse the king order and make Claire elementalist at areshia academy. The king know that even at the empire, no! even continent that a lot of people consider Greyworth as hero from Ranball war and admire her. If the king make a wrong move to Greywoth, another rebellion will started.
Which means that society in STnBD isn't discriminatory to men as in I.S. nor do women in general have a higher status than them like you mentioned. In I.S., the word of a woman in a court has greater worth than that of a man. Men can easily get convicted for molesting a woman in that series just because a woman said so, without the requirement of further evidence.

And about Greyworth, I doubt a MAJOR rebelllion would start simply because he makes a move on Greyworth. There might be a small mutiny, but nothing more than that unless the king there's other acts of tyranny or failures on his behalf. A more likely scenario would be the King getting annoyed 24/7 by nobles asking for clemency on Greyworth's behalf, bombarded with petitions. A more serious consequence of removing Greyworth would be a stain on his reputation for punishing a subject who has rendered him an excellent service. A good number of nobles seems to respect her. For a monarch, their reputation is of utmost importance.

Last edited by Avrorrange; 2013-03-19 at 08:39.
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote