View Single Post
Old 2011-05-28, 09:38   Link #277
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post

But I've already gotten around that; Blanche d'Arquien calls everything Tsubame Gaeshi, except does not know how to use the true Tsubame Gaeshi, and has no Monohoshizao. As a vampire-ninja, I forgot that her ultimate playstyle is that of a bard.

So the voluptious vampire-ninja, weaboo, occult expert, Countess d'Arquien and her trusty lefty bass-axe. No further conflicts.

[
I think you are trying way too hard to cram as much fetishes or moé points into one single character as possible to make them "perky", to the point they feels "forced". Moreover some of your characters will soon get called out on being ports of characters from existing series (Erio from Denpa Onna anyone?).

If you have looked a the Aria cast so far, it's actually one of the more conservatives around, where the most outlandish element is a vampire.
Spoiler:

And in the batch of OCs we have right here and now, Mara is the more outlandish and yet reasonably stays rather conservative. The keywords being conservative and reasonable. Sometimes, take a step back, look at the bigger picture and ask yourself if you have gone overboard or not.

PS: I can't help but notice that this whole "conservative" mindset eventually dictated my choice of pictures for OCs.

PPS: And last night have raped my mind with three more OC ideas, including an old guy working as weaponsmith master in Amdo, likely a friend for Coach and D-Boy, a forensic girl as the local shrinking violet and a muslim girl Butei who actually might be one of the less conservative of my bunch. I need to meditate more on them.

PPPS: I dig that Sakaki Kojiro's descendant in the Aria manga. Rich girl + long dark hair + pantyhose + stalker tendencies, that is win.

Last edited by Sheba; 2011-05-28 at 09:51.