View Single Post
Old 2011-09-12, 11:14   Link #30
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagoshod View Post

sup..
Not sure what the issue is.

It was stated in the Evangelion series that NERV was always having issues with budgets and as noted by the supreme council to repair even one evangelion was enough to bankrupt entire nations.

Unit 02 itself was badly damaged with half of its face ripped off, if the situation is escalating then I don't see why NERV is not allowed to make quick repairs to get 02 back in the fight. And Unit 02 isn't the only one that's badly damaged either. Priority wise 01 gets all the love.

Quote:
As a piece of storytelling I can't really say it's anything special. But ok, maybe it's not needed to reinvent the wheel. Can it be solidly done? But with this rushjob, this is impossible. The only chance is that the 3rd and 4th movies would be shown together as feature length-- but this is impossible with the way they spend their time. 6 episodes for part 1, 14 for part 2. What?
Rushjob my ass, it takes so long for them to come out with these movies so I see where your going with that too.

This is why I hate it when people say, "take your time and it'll get better." They should do something on mythbusters to bust that myth.

Quote:
It just doesn't even hold a candle to stuff like Time of Eve or Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya. Honestly, even the Rebuild of Nanoha feels more like a interesting remake than this. :/
For some reason I didn't like the Haruhi movie that much and wasn't that part of the
story to begin with?

For this case it is retelling Evangelion in a different universe and compared to most crap these days I find it refreshing as I don't need to see an exact retelling of evangelion (I was worried when I first watched 1.0 but was happy with 2.0)
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote