View Single Post
Old 2012-08-12, 18:49   Link #2263
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalsePrime View Post
I don't think you can really call the Reentry/Shield Mode a Transformation.

I do however agree that most of them lost something, with Heavyarms Kai being the lone exception in that not only did he get more weaponry but him reducing his bulk also seemed to increase his manuverablity given how Trowa moves his suit compared to his Wing TV variants.

Also Zero could be argued depending on Shield mode, thing is I just don't think Wing Shields are as ease of use compared to his shield. Plus considering we never see Heero dual wield removing the shield from his arm as well as making the TBR so large he can't store it under/ease of use on Zero EW combines to make his entire left side kinda useless.
Actually I was referring to the closable section at the top of its wings before it was activated in EW. Regardless, it's still not much especially compared to the TV version.

Even the Heavyarms lost something--namely, its arm knife. Made up for it with the better manueverability and the huge increase in ranged weaponry, but it still lost something. Deathscythe Hell lost the buster shield and the (albeit impractical-looking) extra scythe blade, Sandrock lost the shield (apparently) and Altron lost the flamethrowers, the wings, the tail cannons...