View Single Post
Old 2012-12-28, 15:08   Link #17
Selestine

I suppose what I like about Guilty Crown (i only watched 4 episodes so far) is that it's catchy and very easy to get into while some other shows just take a while to kick in... I don't deny that it seems a bit shallow / pretentious at times, tho. Maybe it's just what we need to get back into Anime atm, before we can move on to more serious / hard to stomach stuff. ^^

I actually noticed the repetition of themes you mentioned. There were moments in the show that just made me think, "hey, this is just typically anime. Haven't I seen exactly this already?" ^^"

Now that you mention Code Geass (and since it's been mentioned before), I have to admit that I have given it a go some years ago. I think I ended up watching 2 episodes and then I dismissed it, thinking it was rather childish. I can't even say what I didn't like about it but at that time it just didn't grab me much. I suppose I should have given it more of a chance...

I also feel a bit strange about Madoka being mentioned SO often. I looked at pictures, checked the opening and it just seems cute and not serious at all. ^^" Actually that style kind of turns me away from even trying the show, but at the same time I'm curious to find out what all this hype is about.

Judging by the opening and summary, I feel that I would really enjoy Phantom - Requiem for the Phantom, btw. What I've seen appealed to me right away. Since my bf isn't interested in it (he wants to see Psycho Pass after Guilty Crown) I might end up watching that one alone.

Last edited by Selestine; 2012-12-28 at 15:36.
Selestine is offline   Reply With Quote